Friday, January 30, 2009

My Drama Queen

I would be talking about my 5 year old daughter, Kaylise. She's something else. She has quite the vocabulary and the imagination to go with it. Tonight, it was just me and the kids because Lisa went out with a friend of hers to have dinner and then to see a movie. So the kids and I went to Chick-fil-A here in Bentonville for dinner. You can't go wrong with Chick-fil-A - it's cheap, the food is good and the kids can expend their energy playing in the play area. Anyway, when we got home from dinner (mind you it's about 9:30), she's letting me know she wants to see her friends which are next door. Being the mean daddy that I am I told her she'd have to wait until tomorrow because it was too late and they were already in bed. Well of course that set off a series of demonstrations from the little miss to let me know she wasn't pleased (which eventually led to an appearance by the dreaded "wooden spoon"). The crown jewel of this whole episode was when Kaylise uttered, "Daddy...you're just BREAKING my heart!" while storming off into the playroom with her arms folded, face scowled.

Did I mention she's 5?! Anybody out there know Tai Chi? :)

1 comment:

  1. So sad I missed that dramatic display! :)She is something- love that girl to pieces!

    ReplyDelete